Edit Resource Mailbox
A resource mailbox is used to set up reservations for equipment or a room. It can share a calendar, receive calendar invites, and respond based on the availability of the resource. To edit a resource mailbox, log into the control panel, and perform the following steps:
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Microsoft Exchange.
- In the Email Accounts section, click the Resources link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain link.
- Click the Display Name that you want to edit.
- Edit the following information, as desired:
- Display Name—Enter the name that should be associated with the resource mailbox.
- User Name—Enter a unique user name for the resource’s email address.
- Password—Enter a password for the email account. The password must contain at least 8 characters including at least one of each of the following:
An uppercase letter
A lowercase letter
A number or special character (!, $, #, %)
The Requirements bar will be full when the password meets the minimum requirements.
- Confirm—Retype the password.
- Edit Access Permissions, as desired. Resource administrators can log into the resource mailbox through OWA and adjust settings such as scheduling and auto-reply messages. To add members to the Resource administrators list, select names from the Mailboxes in this domain box, and then click the Add button. To select multiple addresses, press and hold the Ctrl key and click the addresses you want to select, and click the Add button. Use the Filter or Search tools to locate specific email addresses.
- To remove members from the list, select names from the Members of this List box, and then click the Remove button. To select multiple addresses, press and hold the Ctrl key and click the addresses you want to select.
- Click the Save button.