By creating an auto-reply message (also known as a "vacation message"), you can automatically send a reply to each person who sends email to that mailbox. Individual users can also create and manage their auto-reply message from within webmail.
Each person who sends email to the mailbox will receive the vacation message only once per email address.
Note: If mail forwarding is activated and copies of forwarded email are not being saved, auto-replies will not be sent.
To set up auto-reply, log into the control panel, and perform the following steps:
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Rackspace Email.
- In the Email Accounts section, click the Add / Edit Mailbox link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains, click the change domain link.
- Click the mailbox name for which you want to adjust forwarding settings.
- Click the Forwarding / Auto-Reply tab.
- In the Auto-Reply Message (Vacation Message) section, check the Activate Auto-Reply Message below box.
- Enter your reply message in the space provided.
- Click the Save button.
Note: To turn off the vacation message, uncheck the Activate vacation message below box.