Add Group List
When you create a group list, you can send email to an unlimited number of internal email addresses (email addresses within your domain) and up to 50 external email addresses. You can also limit which email addresses can send to the group list. To add a group list, log into the control panel, and perform the following steps:
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Rackspace Email.
- In the Email Accounts section, click the Group Lists link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain link.
- Click the Add List button.
- Enter a unique name for the group list in the Group List Name box. This name will be used to create the email address for the group list.
- In the Subject line tag box, enter a tagline for all emails sent from this address.
- Specify whether, by default, the sender or the list should receive replies to group list emails.
- In the Group List Recipients area, click the drop-down menu to indicate who should be included in the list. If you select Specific Mailboxes or Aliases, please do the following:
- To add a recipient, use the Search or Filter tool to locate the mailbox or alias you want to add from the Available Recipients box, and then click the Add button. You can select multiple addresses by pressing and holding the Ctrl key and clicking the addresses you want to select.
- To add a recipient manually, or to add a recipient that does not belong to the domain (i.e., an external recipient), enter the recipient email address(es) in the Additional Recipients box. You can add up to 50 external recipients.
- In the Group List Senders area, click the drop-down menu to indicate who should be allowed to send email to the group list. If you select Specific Mailboxes and Aliases, please do the following:
- To add a sender, use the Search or Filter tool to locate the mailbox or alias you want to add in the Available Senders box, and then click the Add button. You can select multiple addresses by clicking and holding the Ctrl key and clicking the addresses you want to select.
- To add a sender manually, you can enter it in the Additional Senders box.
Note: To add all recipients/subscribers to the list (all mailboxes that are selected as Recipients in the Group List Recipients box), click the Add all subscribers button.
- Click the Save button.