Add Multiple Mailboxes
To add multiple mailboxes at one time, you will need to first create a CSV or Excel file containing the required data about each mailbox. Specific directions and downloadable templates are provided in the control panel (see Step 5, below). To add multiple mailboxes, log into the control panel, and perform the following steps:
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Rackspace Email.
- In the Email Accounts section, click the Add / Edit Mailbox link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain link.
- Click the Add Multiple Mailboxes button.
- Create a CSV or Excel file containing the information detailed in the Data Format section. Or, to download a template, click the CSV template or Excel template link. Note: When you enter password information, please be sure that each password meets the following requirements: password must be at least 6 characters long, cannot be "password," cannot contain a consecutive numeric sequence of 3 or more characters, cannot contain the domain name, and cannot contain the user name.
- In the Import File section, click the Browse button.
- Locate and select the CSV or Excel file you created in Step 5.
- Click the Open button.
- Click the Import button. Mailbox information will be imported and the mailboxes will be created. Any errors that occur will be detailed in the import summary, which will appear after the import is complete.