Add Email Address To Mailbox
Additional addresses can be assigned to any Exchange mailbox. The address works like an email alias, but only for a single mailbox. For example, you could add the address email@example.com to the mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org. Any mail sent to email@example.com will be received in the firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox.
If you have added an accepted domain to your account, you can add any address for that domain. So, if you have added the accepted domain "mydomain.biz," you could add the email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org addresses to the email@example.com mailbox. To learn about adding accepted domains, please see the help topic, "Add a Domain Alias."
To add an address to an Exchange mailbox, log into the control panel, and perform the following steps:
- Mouse over the Go to section drop-down menu and select Microsoft Exchange.
- In the Email Accounts section, click the Add / Edit Mailbox link.
- If you have multiple domains, select the appropriate domain name. Or, to change domains at any time, click the change domain link.
- Click the Display Name for which you want to add an address.
- Click the Email Addresses tab.
- Under Add Email Addresses, enter the address name.
- If you want the address for an accepted domain, select the alternate domain from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Add Address button.
- If you want the new address to be the default reply-to address, select the appropriate Reply-to Address option button. When sending email, recipients will see the selected reply-to address.
- Click the Save button.