Set Up ActiveSync® - iPhone™, iPad™, iPod®
- An iPhone Enterprise data plan
- Your email administrator must purchase an Active Sync license and add your mailbox to that license. To learn more, please see the help topics, "Purchasing An ActiveSync License" and "Add User."
- Your device must be a 3G, 3Gs, and with a 4.0+ iOS
Note: We recommend turning off wi-fi on your device before proceeding.
To set up Exchange:
- Log into your User Control Panel at the following URL:
- Under the Client Setup section, click the ActiveSync link. This will open the Setting Up ActiveSync window. You will need this information to set up the account.
- On the iPhone, tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Add Account then Microsoft Exchange.
- The Exchange setup screen will open. Enter the following information:
- Email—Enter your entire email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), using all lowercase letters.
- Domain—Enter the Domain address from the Setting Up ActiveSync window.
- Username—Enter the User name (e.g., myname_mydomain.com) from the Setting Up ActiveSync window. The User name is different from the email address.
- Password—Enter the password for your email account.
- Description—Enter a descriptive name for your account (e.g., My Work Account). This description will be visible only to you.
- Tap the Next button and the device will attempt to verify the account. You may receive an "Unable to Verify Certificate message." Tap the Accept button.
- The device will continue verifying the account. Once complete, tap the Server field, and enter the Server address from the Setting Up ActiveSync window.
- Tap the Next button and The device will try to create a secure (SSL) connection to your Exchange server. If it cannot do this, it will try a non-SSL connection. If it asks for confirmation, tap Yes to continue.
- Tap the ON/OFF buttons to select the information types to synchronize with Exchange anTap the Done button.
Note: In order for contacts to sync from the device to the server you will have to change the default account for settings to "Exchange" rather than "On my Iphone."
Settings > Mail, Calendar, Contacts > Select the Exchange Account > Scroll down to contacts > Default Account > Change to Exchange.
Note: When sending email, you can tap the From field to select any address associated with your Exchange account. To learn more, please see the help topic, "Adding Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes"