To transfer your domain from 1&1, perform the following steps:
- Log into your account at www.1and1.com, using your username and password from 1&1.
- Click the Manage Domains link, located on the left side of the screen.
- Locate and check the box next to the domain name you need to transfer.
- Above the domain name list, there will be a series of buttons. Click the arrow on the Transfers button and select Lock/Unlock.
- On the resulting screen, click the Unlock radio button.
- Click the OK button.
- The resulting screen will be a confirmation page. Click the Go To Overview button to return to the main Domain Overview page.
- Next, you will need to obtain the authorization code for your domain. From the current screen, check the box to the left of your domain name, and then click the Info button from the menu bar above the domain name list.
- The resulting screen will display all of the basic information about your domain. The last line will be the domain's authorization code, which you will need to provide to us in order to transfer the domain.
- To log out of 1&1, click the Logout link in the top right-hand corner of the page.