Set Up IMAP - Thunderbird
If you would like to learn more about the differences between POP and IMAP, please see the help topic, "POP vs. IMAP."
For increased security, we recommend that you use our secure (SSL) servers, as detailed below. Note: If your internal system configurations require non-SSL ports, please see the "Email Server Settings" page for our full list of available servers and ports.
To set up Thunderbird for IMAP, perform the following steps:
- In Thunderbird, select File / New / Mail Account.
- In the Your name box, enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
- In the Email address box, enter your entire email address (e.g., email@example.com).
- In the Password box, enter the password for your email account.
- Click the Continue button.
- Thunderbird will attempt to automatically detect account settings, click the Stop button.
- Click the Re-test Configuration button.
- After Thunderbird verifies the account information, click The Create Account button.