Data Imports and Exports for Rackspace Archiving
- The fees for data imports are $6 per GB.
- Import completion timeframes can be seen by clicking here.
- If you would like to request an import of your data, please create a ticket in your control panel. Please include your domain name in this request. Our team will gather the necessary information and provide you with the best import method.
To have your data exported from your Rackspace Archiving account, you have two options:
- Export your data from your Archiving Dashboard by creating searches.
- Please click here to view our "Export Search Results" article, which will assist you with this process.
- If you would like to get a bulk export of your Archived Data, you will need to send a hard drive to our archiving team.
- We will provide you with the shipping address upon your agreement to the pricing.
- The pricing for this export will be a one-time fee of $50 plus $6 per GB for EML format and $9 per GB for PST format.
- Note: Our standard format for exports is EML.
- The time frame for these exports is about 4-6 weeks from the date the Archiving team receives the drive.
- In order to begin this process, please create a ticket through your Control Panel.
Questions to Consider Beforehand:
Is an external 3rd party requesting these exports?
- Providing a temporary login for 3rd parties to review search results is much faster than requesting an export.
What format do you need to export to?
- We offer bulk exports in either the PST or EML format. Although PST is a more well known format, exporting in EML tends to be easier to search, faster for us to produce, and much cheaper. We recommend that you first see if there is a preferred format. If there is no preferred format, then we recommend EML.
Do you need to export all data or will certain criteria suffice?
- In most cases the more data, the longer and costlier an export. We can export with certain criteria (search, date, range and/or mailbox users).
You can also provide us with search names based on the following criteria:
- search term
- words and/or attachments in the body
Maximum 3 weeks
Maximum 4 weeks
Maximum 5 weeks
101 GB - 1 TB
Maximum 5 weeks